Thomsons Online Benefits is a market leader in innovative technology and consultancy services related to total reward and flexible benefit programmes. Client companies include some of the world’s best known brands across financial service, e-commerce and business services. With offices in London, Romania and Singapore, the company employs in excess of 250 staff with a turnover in the region of £20M. Regularly appearing in the Sunday Times Tech 100 listing, Thomsons Online Benefits is a rapidly growing and exciting company with global ambition and can provide both a challenging and rewarding career.
Working within the Support team for the Darwin application.
• Analysing incidents received via the service desk in respect of Darwin
• 1st and 2nd line support analysis and advice to internal and external users
• Logging, classifying and prioritising incidents and service requests via the service desk software. Ability to prioritise incoming queries/issues and work load, manage expectations of resolution times
• Resolution of incidents and service requests within the agreed Operational Level agreements
• Diagnosing software bugs and logging these with the Development team
• SQL analysis of the database using SQL queries
• Build and maintain knowledge of our range of products through internal training courses and on job experience
• Report unresolved issues (defects) in a clear, concise manner to development team for resolution
• Test reported defects that have been corrected by development team.
• Provide assistance to other teams within the company for tasks that require manual intervention
• Communicate progress on issues at regular intervals
• Monitor live services
• Work closely with the QA team in Romania and UK
• During the training period, there may be a period of work in the QA Team and the Configuration Team to learn the Darwin Application
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Educated to degree or equivalent level.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• High attention to detail
• A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
• Ability to work well within a team
• Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure
• mySQL knowledge desirable
The Thomsons job descriptions are not intended to be restrictive and are a guideline to the duties in this role.